Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, a reputable Oil and Gas Servicing company requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Underwater Maintenance Storeman
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
- Physical ability to frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds, and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Warehouse storekeeper, Oil & Gas or Petrochemical plants handling various types of loads.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction material from the Oil and Gas industry desirable.
- Computer literacy is a requirement
- Capable of working at Sea.
Job Title: Underwater Maintenance Rigger
Job Field: Engineering / Oil and Gas
- To Visually determine ground condition in areas of crane operations to ensure crane stability.
- Proficient with standard knots used in line and slings to secure loads
- Proficient in rope splicing
- Competent in manual handling techniques
- Competent in flange management technique
- To conduction pre & post-berthing inspection of all Single Point Mooring (SPM) mooring lines and floating hoses accessories
- To support in the inspection, connection and disconnection of export hoses onboard cargo vessel during crude export operation.
- Responsible for the safe and controlled movement of material and equipment in and around the warehouse, shop, pier-side and shipboard by means other than fork trucks or pallet jacks that requires the use of slings, chain falls, ratcheting come-a-longs
- To Determine proximity of Crane Boom and/or load in relation to overhead Transmission Lines, piping/equipment/other obstacles and take appropriate action to ensure that lifting would not damage or be damaged with proximity hazards
- To Determines the weight, center of gravity and safe lifting points for loads that need to be rigged to a location that requires use of slings, chain falls, ratcheting come-a-longs.
- To Inspects all rigging slings, chain falls, ratcheting come-a-longs before use and ensures all gear and equipment is in safe working condition and I current in weight test requirements
- To Determine safe rigging paths, location of required padeyes and load pick points
- To Supervise performance of other Riggers and Helpers at work as per applicable safety norms to ensure personal safety of the reporting staff and safety of the rigging activity.
- To support in the connection and disconnection of marine export floating hose string
- To Ensure correct selection of Lifting Equipment for the assigned task to perform safe lifting operation and avoid damaging the Equipment.
- Offshore Export Terminal Facilities and platforms: All offshore facilities for the export of crude oil
- Terminal Jetty facilities: All jetty facilities and operations
- Utilities Services: All facilities and equipment for the provision of utilities services, including water services and power generation.
- Vessel Crew, Jetty Marshals, Beach Master, Marine Supervisor, HSE Representative, Crane Operators, Material Warehouse
- Preferably an Ordinary National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Senior Secondary School Certificate / WASC plus 10 years’ experience in marine vessel/construction rigging can be considered
- Work Experience Minimum 5 years experience as a Rigger in Marine Vessel, Oil & Gas or Petrochemical plants handling various types of loads.
- In depth knowledge of heavy rigging practices, hand rigging, full understanding of Rigging Code of Practice,
- able to read Rigging Drawings, produce field drawings and interprets load charts.
- Computer literacy preferred. Capable of working at Sea.
Job Title: Underwater Maintenance Inflatable Boat Operator
- Responsible for material ordering procedures and demonstrated writing ability with sufficient technical background to research data from various equipment tests.
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing unit assigned watercraft, and associated equipment in the most economical way possible based on available facilities and extent of repairs required.
- Responsible for Scheduling and completing routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs as necessary
- Maintain equipment like range markers, fire extinguishers, boat fenders, lines, pumps, and fittings.
- Organize and direct the activities of crew members while working offshore on inflatable boat
- Follow safety procedures so as to make sure the protection of passengers, cargo, and vessels.
- Issue directions for loading, unloading, and seating in boats.
- Operate engine throttles and steering mechanisms so as to guide boats on desired courses.
- Secure boats to docks with mooring lines, and cast-off lines to enable embarkation, disembarkation and departure.
- Vessel Crew, Jetty Marshals, Beach Master, Marine Supervisor, HSE Representative.
- Minimum of a standard National Diploma or equivalent in Nautical Science / Technical
- Senior lyceum Certificate / WASC plus 5 years’ Inflatable Boat Operational Experience in Offshore environment are often considered
- Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Small Craft operation, Navigation and Rules of the Road, Seamanship, and Maritime Communications
- Physically fit and capable of working at Sea.
- Sea Farer Qualification is an added advantage.
Deadline: 20th April, 2020.